Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I HATE DIVORCE!


One of the things that occurs on a regular basis is the constant and clockwork like child swapping that goes on in the parking lot in front of my Sears store. (ex)Husbands and wives gather there to exchange custody of their children like they are a book that was borrowed from the library. Sometimes there is an interaction that goes on that is quite pleasant between the adults, as if they split rather amicably. However, this is rare. The normal occurrence is that the parent returning the child opens the other parents car door and places that child in the car, closes it, gets back into their car and leaves. No speaking, no interaction, but almost always the child bawling because of the discord and abandonment felt because of divorce. It has become even more odd recently when I have started to notice a former couple who is swapping their dog back and forth.

This story to explain about how much I hate divorce. I HATE IT! I have lost a close friend who killed himself over the complications of divorce. I have friends who have been emotionally crushed by the devastation of divorce. I see children of divorced parents ending their marriages in divorce. I HATE DIVORCE! Guess who else hates it? That is right God. (Malachi 2:16)

I don't want to have a debate on whether it is permissible or not. Culturally it is permissible and religiously it is permissible under certain circumstances. I just want to know how to make it end. Maybe not until Jesus comes to take His bride. If so, come Lord Jesus! Selah.

No comments: