Friday, November 2, 2012

Leadership Lessons from Ted Engstrom, Part 1

At the encouragement of a few friends and fellow General Council members, I am reading through The Making of a Christian Leader by Ted Engstrom. This book was written in 1976 but still resonates with its insights to this day. Talk about retro!

Every week, I will share some quotes and gleanings from my reading for the week. I hope to use this time as an encouragement to myself and to others that being a leader is a calling from Christ and only possible through Christ.

The Making of a Christian Leader has eighteen chapters. I will share the table of contents today as my hope that this book might appeal to you as well and that you can follow along with me as I share.


  1. What is Leadership? 
  2. The Old Testament and Leadership
  3. Christ and Leadership in the Gospels
  4. The Epistles and Leadership
  5. Administration is a Gift
  6. Boundaries of Leadership
  7. Styles of Leadership
  8. The Personality of the Leader
  9. The Price of Leadership
  10. The Measurements of Leadership
  11. Personal Traits in Leadership
  12. Developing Leadership Skills
  13. Motivation and Leadership
  14. The Major Tasks of Leaders
  15. The Leader Implements the Plan
  16. A Leader must Effectively Control the Operation
  17. Guidelines for Excellent Leadership
  18. Marks of a Christian Leader
Join me in learning with the next post on the Introduction of this book.


No comments: